Sunday 13 December 2015

November and December favourites


November/December favourites


With this last month being so busy I've decided to join November and December favourites together. I've been only been using a few items in skincare and make - up, but have found myself using the same items all the time. (All product links are at the end of this post)

1. Kiehl's creamy eye treatment - this is so comforting. My skin has felt quite dry recently and the La Roche posay eye gel I was using was great but just not quite enough to keep my skin hydrated. This is really moisturising and great under make up.  I don't notice make up sitting in any lines with this product and it seems to keep under my eyes hydrated all day. 

2. Dr Jart+ BB Beauty balm- this is an old favourite. It is the 'regenerating' BB balm, with SPF30. With my skin so dry, I tried this again and had forgotten how great it is.  It has fantastic coverage and has really good longevity. It makes my skin look really healthy, even though I am absolutely exhausted at the moment. It's on offer at 'Boots' at the moment!

3, Tanya Burr 's rosy flush palette- this has really made a difference to my make up this month.  I'm finding that by the end of the day I still look like I have a contour and blush.  The bronzer is warming but natural.  The blush is really uplifting and has been helping me to look so much more awake.  I've been wearing the highlighter every day too. It's really finely milled and gives a lovely glow, but doesn't look glittery.  I've tried four products from the Tanya Burr range now and love all of them. 

4. L'Occitane revitalizing fresh shampoo and conditioner- I've been trying out a few shampoo and conditioners recently and haven't been that thrilled.  However, I was given a set of L'Occitane products with the hair care range in and I really love them.  They are quite soothing which is great for my scalp as it can get quite sensitive.  I wash my hair every other day and I find that these help my hair to last and don't weigh it down. These products are silicone free too, which is great.
A few months ago I was watching a video from 'the make up chair' she advised putting conditioner on your hair first and then shampoo, instead of the other way around. I've been trying this out recently and my hair seems to be more conditioned and less dry but without being greasy.

5. Essie nail varnish set- I was recently given a set and my favourites are 'toggle to the top' and mind your mittens'. They are both perfect for this season and go with every outfit. Surprisingly both varnishes stayed on my nails for about 5 days before chipping, which is quite unusual for my nails.


Products mentioned:
http://www.kiehls.co.uk/skin-care/category/eyes-and-lips/creamy-eye-treatment-with-avocado/258.html

http://www.boots.com/en/Dr-Jart-Platinum-Beauty-Balm-Cream-SPF30-50ml_1260412/

http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Make-Up-Accessories/Accessories/Tanya-Burr-Rosy-Flush-Cheek-Palette/p/565306#.Vm0x0DYrGP8

http://uk.loccitane.com/revitalising-fresh,83,1,60065,0.htm

http://www.boots.com/en/Essie

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMakeupChair

No comments:

Post a Comment