Sunday 8 November 2015

Improving confidence when you have acne!

Recently my skin has really been playing up. I have always suffered with my skin, but over the last few years, since taking roaccutane, it has been so much better. Occasionally, though, I get flair ups. These do really affect my confidence and the stress and anxiety of worrying about my skin overwhelms me. I'm pretty sure it is hormonal and due to a little extra stress so have attacked it in the best way I know how!
I am currently using the Oskia Renaissance cleanser and am really happy with it at the moment. However, I have added in La Roche Posay Effaclar duo as I haven't used it for a few weeks and it usually sorts out any problems within 3-4 days. I use it morning and night underneath my moisturiser. Whenever my skin gets difficult, I make my routine much more simple, so am not using any other serums. I am just using a very light and gentle moisturiser, which is Olay Complete care Day fluid in Normal/Oily. I always find that this doesn't break me out further, hydrates enough and is light and not greasy for the day. During the night I am using The Body Shop Vitamin E sink in moisture mask. I find this really comforting to wear and my skin feels really soft in the morning. Every few days when my skin is exceptionally difficult I switch this up to the Sarah Chapman Overnight facial oil. This product might just be my all time favourite for when my skin is playing up. In the morning, acne and blemishes are visibly reduced. Every single time I use it I'm amazed. It is a wonder product.
As a targeted spot treatment, I always use Dermalogica overnight clearing gel - it is a must! This also really makes a difference by the morning.
I have also been sticking to a 'Lisa Eldridge inspired' make up routine for blemishes. That all important pin point concealing! This video changed my life, in terms of covering blemishes. It does take a little time, but makes such a difference. It always hated the feeling of being caked in make up when my skin was bad. With this method you don't have to feel like that. It makes me feel much more confident and able to face the world.
The skincare and make - up together make acne and blemishes so much easier to deal with. This skincare routine works really quickly for me and in the meantime the make up allows me to carry on without worrying too much!

Products mentioned:

Oskia Renaissance cleanser:
https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/oskia-renaissance-cleansing-gel.html
Effaclar duo:
http://www.feelunique.com/p/La-Roche-Posay-Effaclar-Duo-40ml
Olay moisturiser:
http://www.olay.co.uk/en-gb/skin-care-products/essentials-complete-care-daily-uv-fluid-spf-15
The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture mask:
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/vitamin-e/vitamin-e-sink-in-moisture-mask.aspx
Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial Oil:
http://www.lookfantastic.com/sarah-chapman-skinesis-overnight-facial-15ml/10448981.html
Dermalogica Overnight clearing gel:
http://buy.dermalogica.co.uk/overnight-clearing-gel-50ml.html

No comments:

Post a Comment