Friday 1 January 2016

End of year favourites

End of 2015 favourites

I either bought or received quite a lot of new products over the Christmas period, so I thought I would post about a few essentials that I discovered towards the end of the year. 

1. Papaya Gold Paw Paw Moisturing balm - this is a great all purpose balm but especially good for dry lips. You don't need to apply it very often to keep your lips hydrated.  I imagine the tube lasts for ages and it's really affordable.  It has been a must in December!

2. Hourglass Ambient lighting edit- OMG this is good! I held off from getting it and watched and read numerous rave reviews when it first came out.  I asked for it for Christmas as I just couldn't wait any longer. It is like nothing else I've used.  It can absolutely transform your make up and skin. I've spent a lot of Christmas ill with a throat infection but when I've had to look presentable this has hidden so many tell tale signs. It brightens and blurs. The powders are so finely milled that they give the skin a glow but don't look glittery. I love the bronzer as it warms without looking muddy, the blushes are lovely too. I mix the two together for a lovely pink flush. I also mix the powders together to set my make up. I'm not sure how it looks so great but it really does. I am already worried about when it runs out.

3. Nuxe Prodigieux gift set -I've used the  body oil before. This one is in a spray bottle so is much easier to use. It's a really lovely and luxurious scent and very moisturising.  It leaves my skin feeling like I've been to a spa. The shower oil is also really lovely and layering the two makes me set for the day ahead.  I've really been enjoying using this after feeling so ill.

4. Herbal Essences dry shampoo 'Naked' - This was on offer so I bought it on a whim a couple of months ago.  As long as you shake it really well it's great.  No white residue and enough hold to keep your hair from lying flat. I wash my hair every other day, so find this really helpful when I have 'second day' hair.

5. Liz Earle Superskin hand serum - I received this as a present and have used it every day since. It has really helped the dry skin on my hands. I wash my hands a lot, having a young child and they get really dry and sore. This is lovely. It sinks into the skin quickly, but leaves skin plumped and very comforted.

6. Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator - I don't usually use grainy exfoliators, in fact I haven't used them for many years. However, I recently went for an Elemis facial and was given this as part of the voucher, as a present. It is, as it says, very gentle. It's almost a gel consistency, very cooling and has small jojoba beads to buff away the dead skin cells. I have noticed a different in how smooth my skin looks, particularly around my nose where I tend to get blocked pores. It looks clearer already. The facial was also fantastic, my skin looks better than it has in ages. I used to go to Elemis regularly for facials years ago and realised what I had been missing out on when I went back.


Products mentioned:








No comments:

Post a Comment